Más de 13.3 millones de inmigrantes documentados residen en Estados Unidos

Más de 13.3 millones de inmigrantes documentados residen en Estados Unidos

En Estados Unidos hay más de 13.3 millones de inmigrantes documentados que residen permanentemente en el país, de los cuales 8.8 millones califican para solicitar la ciudadanía estadounidense.

Más

Trabajadores poco cualificados se oponen a reforma

Trabajadores poco cualificados se oponen a reforma

Centenares de trabajadores poco cualificados, muchos de ellos afroamericanos, marcharon este martes por las calles de Washington, DC, para protestar contra la propuesta de reforma migratoria aprobada en junio por el Senado, dado que, a su juicio, ésta conllevará una bajada generalizada de los salarios.

Más

End of DOMA Changes Immigration Landscape for Thousands

End of DOMA Changes Immigration Landscape for Thousands

With DOMA struck down, U.S. citizens in a same-sex marriage can now apply for a green card on behalf of their foreign spouse.

Más

Column One: A day in the strawberry fields seems like forever

Immigration Blueprint Document

Immigration Blueprint Document

We've got the document prepared by four Democratic and four Republican senators.

Más

Yugoslavian Holocaust survivor shares life philosophy in art, writing

Yugoslavian Holocaust survivor shares life philosophy in art, writing

Earlier, we wrote about our meeting with Yugoslavian Holocaust survivor Ava Kadishson Schieber. We have also compiled a video playlist of our January 11, 2013 interview with the artist sharing her philosophies on life and survival.

Más

Yugoslavian Holocaust survivor revisits past in art, inspires hope

Yugoslavian Holocaust survivor revisits past in art, inspires hope

Ava Kadishson Schieber fled her hometown of Novi Sad, Serbia in 1949 when it was overrun by Nazis and later subjugated by the communist regime that the artist and writer could begin a new life and express her creativity.

Más

The DREAMers I know

The DREAMers I know

Ruben Navarrette blasts DREAMers as spoiled brats, which is a reality I don't recognize: partly because he's alluding to a reality I don't believe exists and partly because he neglects to name a single pampered DREAMer.

Más

Immigrant tattoos draw scrutiny, visa denials

Immigrant tattoos draw scrutiny, visa denials

“I don’t think you’re going to find people in favor of letting gang members into the United States,” says Maria Andrade, about immigrants with tattoos getting caught up in red tape. "But the broad brush with which they’re denying people is crazy.”

Más

Chicago Bosnians find strength in religion, celebrate Islamic new year

Chicago Bosnians find strength in religion, celebrate Islamic new year

In Balkan history, religion has often been a source of conflict. But that night of Muharram, the start of a new year, it was peace — something Bosnians at home and abroad are still seeking to attain.

Más